Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Mystery Hacker

It has come to my attention that the blogger help group can access and alter your blog at any time. They can delete widgets, change settings, even delete your entire account. People have attempted to correct the issue without response from the blogger help group.

I would encourage you, before my account is deleted :), to respond en masse to this intrusion. Please click on the help link on the top right hand of your screen. What you will find is that it is rather difficult to report this type of behavior. There is no private way to report this.

A friend of mine was hacked and had her blog tinkered with, to put it mildly. I guess she ticked off the wrong person. Should the blogger help group be a platform for people to carry out their own personal vendettas? I hope that this bothers you as much as it bothers me. Please let them know.

The only people that should be able to decide if a blog should be deleted are the owners of this site. This then becomes a question of ethics. It is unethical for people to decide, based on their own personal feelings, to hack someone's blog. I personally think it is also petty and spiteful. I think that it says quite a bit about the individual's character.

I want to be able to read other people's blogs knowing that they are exactly what the author intended. It has been encouraging to read what other people write and see a glimpse into the lives of others. I do not enjoy thinking that the blogs that I enjoy might by tampered with. Please respond.

Thanks! Hopefully this will garner some sort of response to solve this difficulty. If you feel like you need to post something similar, please feel free to do so. This will only change if people care enough to make some noise.

1 comment:

M. C. Pearson said...

Wow...we really need to do something!